- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (a little more than one envelope)
- 2 cups fresh mango puree (about 2 peeled and pitted mangos) plus mango slices for garnish
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream, well chilled
- Pour water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Without stirring, let the gelatin soften for about 1 minute. Then heat the mixture on the stove over low heat, stirring until the gelatin is fully dissolved. (If any lumps form in the gelatin, remove those before proceeding to the next step.)
- In a blender, blend the mango puree, sugar, vanilla and softened gelatin until thoroughly mixed. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, stirring well to blend.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the mango mixture stirring gently until the cream is fully incorporated into the mango mixture.
- Spoon the mousse mixture into 4 dessert dishes. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. (The dishes of mousse may also be chilled in the freezer to speed up the process although you will end up with more of a frozen dessert than a light fluffy mousse dessert).
- Garnish with extra mango pieces or other topping of your choice.