For the loaf
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup double-strength, presweetened iced tea flavored with lemon
For the glaze
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
To make the loaf
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and blend.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the iced tea, until all of the dry ingredients and the ice tea have been incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let cool – removing the loaf from the pan after about 10 minutes to finish cooling.
To make the glaze
- When the loaf is cooled, prepare the glaze by whisking together the confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the glaze over the loaf. The iced tea loaf may be refrigerated if desired to set the icing more quickly.
- Garnish with lemon zest if desired. Slice and serve.