- 3 eggs (you will need 2 coddled egg yolks and 1 coddled whole egg)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup plus one tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups canola oil
- Coddle three eggs, see here.
- Separate 2 coddled yolks and place in food processor, discard whites. Add whole coddled egg, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and 1/8 cup of the lemon juice. Pulse mixture for one minute.
- With motor running, slowly add oil just dribbling it in until all the oil has been mixed in.
- Scrape sides, stir by hand and taste. Add more salt, pepper or sugar as needed. Add additional tablespoon of lemon juice if needed.
- Store any remaining mayonnaise in refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. Bring back up to room temperature before serving for the best flavor.