- 2 ounces pancetta, diced small (or bacon if you prefer)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 ½ pounds green cabbage, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces dry No Yolks® egg noodles, any size noodle
- In a medium to large skillet, over medium high heat, cook pancetta in 2 tablespoons of butter until crisp. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 2 more tablespoons butter, cabbage, salt and pepper, cover and once mixture is hot, reduce to medium and cook for ten minutes.
- While cabbage mixture is cooking, cook No Yolks® noodles according to package direction and drain.
- Once cabbage is tender, remove cover and add drained noodles.
- Add remaining butter and cook to bring to serving temperature.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as desired. (Lots of black pepper is traditional!)