Note: Fresh tomatoes should never be put in the refrigerator – they lose their flavor when they are chilled. Just store your tomato at room temperature until you are ready to clean and dice it, then add it to finish your guacamole.
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 4 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon (or more if you like it hot) Rocket Fuel, or other favorite hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Few grinds of black pepper
- ½ of a ripe tomato, seeds and skin removed and diced
- Run a knife around the outside of the avocados from top to bottom and back to top. Cut down to the pit. With a twisting motion, twist the avocado halves apart.
- Tap the avocado pit with a knife so the knife slices in enough to grab it. Then turn the knife and the pit will come out. (Be careful not to swing too hard and hit your hand. To be safe, place the avocado down on a cutting board first.)
- Run a soup spoon between the pulp and the skin of the avocado and place the pulp in a medium mixing bowl. Mash slightly with a fork leaving large chunks.
- Add all other ingredients except the tomato. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- When you are ready to serve, add in diced tomato.