- 3 pounds yellow potatoes, such as Yukon Gold
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 5 tablespoons fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt, divided
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat grill to a medium heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and drop in the whole skin-on potatoes. Bring back to a boil and cook 8-10 minutes (10 if the potatoes are large). Remove to room temperature to cool. Discard water. The potatoes will not be fully cooked and will finish on the grill.
- While the potatoes are cooling, place ½ cup of olive oil, the rosemary, 3 tablespoons of parsley and ½ teaspoon of the salt into a mini food processor (see here) and blend until a liquidy paste forms (it doesn’t need to be perfect).
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice skin-on into thick ¾ inch slices and place on a sheet pan. Spread the rosemary mixture on both sides of the potatoes using all of the mixture.
- Gill for 15 minutes turning a few times until fully cooked through and nicely browned. If the oil makes the grill flame up, move them to a higher rack until the flames settle down.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl, mix vinegar, remaining ¼ cup of olive oil, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and both mustards until blended. Chop the remaining parsley and set aside.
- As soon as the potatoes come off the grill, toss lightly with the dressing (serve extra dressing on the side) and sprinkle remaining two tablespoons of parsley over the top.