White BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
Onions & Sauerkraut Topping
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces onion, sliced thick
- 1 14-ounce can sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- Pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- 3 14-ounce packages Polish Kielbasa
- 7 ounce package sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 12-ounce package KING’S HAWAIIAN® Hot Dog Rolls (8 rolls)
- Make the White Barbecue Sauce by placing mayonnaise, vinegar, black pepper, mustard, salt, sugar, garlic and horseradish in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium high and sauté onions for about four minutes or until soft.
- Add one more tablespoon of oil and pour in drained sauerkraut.
- Sauté for three minutes or until the sauerkraut starts to brown.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Cut the Kielbasa into three sections about six inches long and cut each piece in half the long way. Lay out in a dish or platter and brush with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Grill for about three minutes per side or until hot and nicely marked.
- To assemble, place two slices of Swiss cheese in each roll, top with onion and sauerkraut mixture, add two grilled Kielbasa halves and top with the White Barbecue Sauce, or serve on the side as a condiment.