Note: You will need a medium-sized sauce pan with lid for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Zest from one lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ pound baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped and divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A few grinds freshly ground black pepper
- Juice from one lemon
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Sauté onions until translucent (about 5-7 minutes). Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the lemon zest, cumin and spinach and cover the pan. Cook until the spinach wilts down (about 3-5 minutes).
- Stir the rice, vegetable broth, 2 tablespoons of the dill, salt and pepper into the spinach mixture and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, replacing the lid on the pan, and cook until the rice is tender (about 15 to 20 minutes –follow your rice’s package instructions).
- Stir in the lemon juice and the remaining fresh dill before serving.