Helpful hint: While the farro is cooking, prepare the grapes, radicchio, celery and scallions per the ingredient list, as well as mixing the dressing.
- ¾ cup whole farro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup red seedless grapes, halved
- ¾ cup radicchio, chopped
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- To cook the farro, in a medium saucepan, combine farro, ¼ teaspoon salt and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook until farro is tender, about 60-70 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- While the farro is cooking, also prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the tarragon, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- After the farro has cooled a bit, in a large bowl, combine farro, grapes, radicchio, celery and scallions.
- Pour vinaigrette over the farro mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle goat cheese on top and serve.