This recipe is written for 6 servings, however feel free to adapt the recipe and quantities based on the number of people at your brunch. The various packages of filling ingredients will definitely serve more than 6 people.
- 6 8-ounce microwave-safe ramekins (available at Target)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 dozen Simply Balanced Cage-free eggs, 2 per portion
Fillings (Note: Quantities will vary based on the combinations you choose to add. Each Egg Cup used approximately ¼ cup of mixed fillings and ¼ cup of cheese total.)
- Diced, fresh green and red peppers
- Diced onion
- Fresh Spinach, julienned
- Sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced
- Archer Farms Applewood Thick Cut Bacon, cooked and diced
- Sliced deli ham, diced
- Cooked sausage, diced
- Pesto (jarred or fresh)
- Sun dried tomatoes (jarred)
- Fresh grape tomatoes, quartered
- Market Pantry brand shredded Cheddar Jack Blend
- Market Pantry brand shredded Mozzarella
- Market Pantry brand sliced Swiss cheese, diced
- Lightly spray each ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 2 eggs to each ramekin and beat well with a fork. (Alternately, in a small to medium bowl, beat the twelve eggs and divide evenly between the six prepared ramekins.)
- Add the filling ingredients and cheese depending on which version you will be making (see below for recommended flavor pairings) and gently stir to combine.
- Place filled egg cup in microwave one at a time, cover and heat on high for 30 seconds. Remove, stir and place back in the microwave uncovered and heat on high for 45 – 60 seconds or until puffed up and cooked in the center. If the center of the eggs are a little wet, remove them anyway as they will continue to cook in the hot dish. (Be careful as the ramekins get hot so use pot holders).
- Repeat for the remaining egg cups and serve immediately.
For the Vegetarian
2 tablespoons diced peppers, 2 teaspoons diced onion, 2 tablespoons fresh spinach, 2 teaspoons sliced sun dried tomatoes, ¼ cup cheese of your choice
For the Meat lovers
2 tablespoons diced bacon, 1 tablespoon diced ham, 2 tablespoons diced sausage, ¼ cup cheese of your choice
For the Caprese
2 tablespoons grape tomato pieces, 2 tablespoons sausage, 1 teaspoon pesto (gently swirled in at the end), ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
For the Lorraine
2 tablespoons ham, 2 tablespoons Swiss cheese, 2 tablespoons sliced spinach, 2 teaspoons diced onion