- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons ice-cold unsalted Finlandia Premium Imported Butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2–4 tablespoons ice water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons unsalted Finlandia Premium Imported Butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups walnuts, toasted in a dry pan and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (if using frozen, thaw and drain and pat dry any excess moisture)
- To make the crust, place the flour, salt, cold butter, sugar and egg yolk in a food processor and pulse ten times.
- Add up to four tablespoons of ice water and pulse as you add. The mixture will be a bit crumbly but should come together if you reach in a pinch a little in your hand.
- Pour out onto a piece of plastic wrap and using the sides of the plastic, pull together into a ball. Wrap and press into a disc shape. Refrigerate for at least one hour. This can be done a day in advance.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly dust your counter with flour and remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Roll out two inches larger than a 10” tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Gently lift the dough into the tart pan and press into the sides and up to the rim making sure the dough is even all the way around. Don’t be afraid to make the sides thicker than the bottom by pressing the excess dough back down into the tart pan inside ridges.
- Line the bottom with parchment and fill with pie weights, dry beans or rice.
- Bake for ten minutes, remove from oven, remove weights and cool for ten minutes. The crust is par-baked at this point, not fully baked.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- While the crust is being prepared, make the filling by beating the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and melted butter.
- Beat in the flour and salt.
- Stir in the chopped nuts and gently fold in the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the now cooled crust.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until browned.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate to set.
- Best served cold.
- Remove sides by placing tart on a high round surface such as a can and gently drop the outer ring to the table. Then place the tart onto a serving dish and cut into slices to serve.