- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix two sugars until combined. Add eggs and beat until pale in color, about one minute. Add butter, vanilla and molasses and blend about 30 more seconds.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, salt and baking soda and add half to the wet mixture. Mix well and add second half of flour mixture. Mix again. Add chocolate chips and mix just long enough to incorporate chips into mixture.
- On parchment-lined cookie sheets, drop one ounce spoonful’s of batter leaving a few inches between drops.
- Bake for about 6 ½ minutes (give or take depending on your oven). When you remove them, they will not look completely cooked so don’t be tempted to cook them longer. (The Entenmann’s cookie is a soft cookie.) Also, only bake one pan at a time in the center of your oven.
- Slide parchment off pan and let cookies cool on the parchment on your counter until completely cool. Don’t be tempted to remove them or touch them until they have cooled completely.
- Once cool, using a sharp edged spatula, gently pry them from the paper. Remember, they will be soft but if cooled properly, be firm enough to handle.