- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together the flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar. Add the softened butter to the mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Measure out 1½ cups of the crumb mixture and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Pour the remaining crumbs into the prepared baking dish and press evenly into the bottom of the dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, in the same bowl of the stand mixer, cream the softened cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix well.
- When the crust is done baking, remove from the oven and pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and caramel bits evenly over the cream cheese mixture, then finish by sprinkling the reserved oatmeal crumbs over the top of the chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Bake for 30-35 or until completely set in the middle of the pan and very lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate the baking dish for at least 3 hours so that the bars can firm up.
- Once chilled, cut into bars and serve.
Keywords: chocolate chip caramel crumb bars