- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno or Serrano pepper stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups fresh Italian flat leaf parsley with stems removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (don’t use dried oregano)
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Place vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, shallots and jalapeno pepper into a small bowl and let sit for ten minutes.
- Place parsley and oregano in a food processor and cover with ingredients from the small bowl. Cover and turn on processor.
- Slowly add in the olive oil until a pesto-like consistency forms.
- Use as a marinade for meats or use as a sauce to serve over cooked meats but never marinate raw meat then use that same marinade to serve over the cooked meat. Always keep separate.