- 1 cup raw cashews (you can buy them in bulk here)
- Water for soaking the cashews overnight
- 4 additional cups water (divided)
- Place the cashews in a bowl and add enough water to cover the tops of the cashews. Cover and let soak overnight refrigerated.
- The next morning, drain the cashews and rinse the nuts until the water runs clear.
- Place the rinsed nuts in a blender along with 2 cups of water. Starting on a low speed, start to puree the cashews, turning up the speed to high until the cashews and milk are completely blended. (This process can take several minutes depending on the strength of your blender.)
- Add the remaining 2 cups of water and blend well.
- Place a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth over a bowl. Pour the blended cashew milk through the strainer, pressing with a rubber spatula as necessary to get the milk to fully strain.
- Pour the cashew milk into a covered bottle or container and chill. Store cashew milk in the refrigerator for several days.