- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 minced scallions, tops and bottoms, about 3–4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon good-quality soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, for frying
- Sesame seed rolls, for serving
- (Optional) Kimchi, for topping
- Mix beef, pork, scallions, garlic, ginger, cilantro, soy, sesame oil, Hoisin and chili sauce until blended, but don’t over work the mixture.
- Make six 6-ounce burgers. Sprinkle both sides with sesame seeds.
- Heat a cast iron pan or heavy griddle pan over medium heat and place peanut oil in pan. Once hot, place the burgers onto the hot grill and cook for four minutes. Flip and cook for 4-6 more minutes or until your desired doneness.
- Serve on seeded rolls with optional Kimchi on top.