- 2 2-ounce cans anchovies packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic chopped
- Zest of one half lemon
- Juice of one half lemon, about 1 ½ tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (3 to 5-pound) pork loin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain the oil from the anchovy cans and discard. We will be using a better quality olive oil in this recipe.
- In a small food processor, such as this one, process the anchovies, garlic, zest, juice, mustard, olives, parsley, capers, pepper and oil until blended but not totally pureed.
- Place pork in roasting pan and smear the spread all over the pork.
- Roast to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (use a probe thermometer for best results). Roast vary in size so the cooking time will vary. We cooked a fairly small roast which was done in 45 minutes.
- Allow roast to rest for 15 minutes before carving.