This recipe is written assuming that you have reserved 4 cups of the cabbage blend from our earlier recipe. If you are making only this recipe the cabbage blend should include: 2 cups green cabbage, 2 cups Chinese cabbage, a little shredded carrot and 1/3 cup scallions (or green onions).
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
- One pound cooked chicken or turkey, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups cabbage blend, reserved from earlier
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into lengthwise wedges
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup honey Dijon ranch dressing, see our recipe here or you can use your favorite bottled dressing
- Toss chopped pecans in a small dry fry pan over medium heat until toasted.
- Cut cooked chicken or turkey into matchstick sized strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken or turkey, cabbage blend, pecans, strawberries and kiwi.
- Mix nutmeg into honey Dijon ranch dressing and drizzle over salad. Toss gently to blend.
- Serve immediately.
Weekday Triple Play adapted from [Better Homes and Gardens|