This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (approximately 0.5 ounces)
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices (approximately 4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or up to 1 teaspoon if you like it spicier)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 pound green beans, tops removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet with a cover, heat the olive oil over medium heat until the oil just starts to smoke.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and mint and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until green beans are tender but not mushy.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.