Our local club store has been selling packages of gorgeous baby carrots this Spring, and after enjoying some of these tender little carrots on Easter at our friends’ house – we rushed to the store to buy some for ourselves!
Today’s Tuscan-Style Roasted Carrots recipe is loosely adapted from a carrot recipe originally found in “Tuscan Cookbook: Recipes And Reminiscences From The Italian Cooking School” (a cookbook we received as a gift many years ago for our wedding). Over the years, we’ve changed up the original recipe to suit our tastes – and we typically make this with sliced carrots. But with these baby carrots on hand – these Tuscan-Style Roasted Carrots are even better!
It takes just five minutes to prep these carrots for cooking – simply toss the carrots with extra virgin olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Spread the carrots onto a metal sheet pan with some sliced lemon – and roast for about 45 minutes.
Once the carrots come out of the oven, place the sheet pan on your stove top – then pour some balsamic vinegar over the carrots and heat until the vinegar evaporates and starts to caramelize.
These addictively-good Tuscan-Style Roasted Carrots are the true hallmark of Tuscan cooking – simple ingredients with fantastic flavor! (You’re going to love this recipe!)
By the way – for those of you still interested in Whole30 recipes, just use an organic balsamic vinegar to make this compliant.
- 2 pounds baby carrots (or sliced carrots if baby carrots are not available)
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole lemons, each sliced into four thick slices
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with the garlic, salt, pepper and oil. Pour out onto a sheet pan or roasting pan, lay lemon slices over carrots and place in preheated oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip, turn pan and roast for 20 more or until tender.
- Place pan over two burners and turn heat to medium high.
- Add vinegar and scrape up pan bottom. Once vinegar evaporates, maybe 4-5 minutes, remove from heat and pour into a serving dish and enjoy.
You may also like: