This post is sponsored by Whole Foods Market. All opinions are 100% mine.
I get so excited at this time of the year – we’re decorating our house for the holidays and have some parties, holiday concerts, school and church activities to attend, plus family and friends that will be coming to visit during this holiday season!
But when the party is at YOUR house and there is so much to do to get everything ready for your guests, it’s also very easy to get stressed out at this time of year too! Am I right?
Well – we’re teaming up today with Whole Foods Market as part of their Buy Some, Make Some program to help ease a lot of the stress over what you’re going to serve at your next holiday party! After all, getting together over the holidays should be about spending time with family and friends…not stressing out about what you’re going to put on the holiday table!
My husband Jack and I absolutely love the variety of high-quality foods at Whole Foods Market – and the Whole Foods Market Holiday Guide includes lots of recipes and holiday cooking tips to help make your meal preparations a whole lot easier this year! So why not let Whole Foods do a little bit of the food prep while you just finish it off – your guests will be none the wiser! (You can even order an entire, delicious holiday meal from Whole Foods if you want, and take all of the credit! It’s OK…the folks at Whole Foods won’t mind!)
And, today we’re also sharing a delicious (and easy) recipe for a Spiced Eggnog Cocktail that is just perfect for your next holiday party! It’s made with Traders Point Egg Nog – a super delicious, certified organic, fresh eggnog that is made in small, artisanal batches by Traders Point Creamery.
We’ve turned this amazing eggnog into an adults-only cocktail by adding a bit of spiced rum, Kahlua, bourbon and vanilla to the mix as well as some ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. The blend of flavors really complements the rich, creamy sweetness of the Traders Point eggnog!
We made this cocktail even more festive by coating the rim of the glass with some Whole Foods Demerara sugar, and then finished it off with an additional pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. It’s a wonderful sweet and spicy beverage that will warm your soul! (For a kid’s version – just leave out the rum, Kahlua and bourbon.)
Be sure to check out even more delicious holiday recipes using products from Whole Food Market at Kitchen PLAY for ways to make this holiday season the best one ever!Print
Spiced Eggnog Cocktail
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 quart
- 1 quart Traders Point Creamery eggnog
- ¼ cup Captain Morgan’s 100-proof spiced rum
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons Wild Turkey Kentucky bourbon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whole Foods ground cinnamon
- Whole Foods ground cloves
- Whole Foods ground nutmeg
- Fair Trade Demerara sugar, to coat the rim of each glass
- In a blender, add eggnog, rum, Kahlua, bourbon and vanilla.
- In a small dish, shake equal amounts of each of the three spices and mix together. Then portion out ¼ teaspoon of the spice mix and add to the eggnog mixture. Hold the rest to sprinkle on the finished filled glasses. Pulse the blender just a few seconds to blend ingredients.
- Pour Demerara sugar into a small, flat plate. With a little bit of eggnog on your finger, rub the rim of the glass then dip the rim into the sugar.
- Carefully pour eggnog into each glass and sprinkle a little of the reserved spice mix over the top of each and serve immediately.
You may also like: