Rotisserie Chicken Skillet – Dinner is served in about 30 minutes with this easy and flavorful recipe!
When people learn that my husband Jack and I are food bloggers, it usually sparks a very interesting conversation!
We’ve found that most people are pretty passionate about eating great food – but so many people we’ve spoken to often don’t have a whole lot of time to spend in the kitchen cooking dinner these days.
So what’s a hungry family to do? How about this Rotisserie Chicken Skillet! This recipe is perfect for when your family is hungry for a delicious dinner but time is very tight!
As a time-saving shortcut, we started this delicious skillet dinner with a store-bought rotisserie chicken! And you know…although Jack and I do cook mostly from scratch ourselves, we’re not at all against taking a short cut here and there. We both think rotisserie chickens have great flavor – and they are so convenient to pick up at the supermarket – so feel free to use them anytime a recipe calls for cooked chicken! (Or, if you’ve cooked some chicken at home, feel free to use those leftovers instead!)
This is a simple one-skillet meal! Lightly toasted orzo is cooked in chicken stock and seasonings. Then cooked carrots and onions, and frozen peas are added to the orzo along with some cream, the shredded rotisserie chicken and Parmesan cheese! Toss together – and dinner is ready in less than twenty minutes!
And if you have any leftovers – here’s another time saver for you! Pack the leftovers up in single-serving sized containers – and lunch the next day is already packed! Enjoy!Print
Rotisserie Chicken Skillet
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, or 3 ½ cups cooked chicken meat
- ½ cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups carrots cut on the bias
- 1 cup onion cut into thick strips
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pick the meat from the cooked chicken and roughly cut up and set aside.
- In a large dry skillet pan over medium high cook orzo until lightly browned; about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove browned orzo to a bowl and add oil to hot pan.
- Add carrots and onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add orzo back in along with stock, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to a medium simmer and simmer to cook the orzo, about 8-10 minutes.
- Uncover and add parsley, peas, and cream along with cooked chicken.
- Increase heat and cook just to bring the dish to temperature and incorporate the ingredients.
- Serve with grated Parmesan sprinkled over the top.
You may also like: