- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 bunch asparagus
- large bowl of ice water
- Prepare your asparagus by rinsing them and snapping off the hard ends.
- Fill a large bowl full of ice water. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a strong boil. Toss in your entire bunch of asparagus.
- As soon as the water comes back to a boil, cook the asparagus for exactly 2 minutes (or 1 minute if your asparagus is very thin; up to 3 minutes if your asparagus is very thick).
- As soon as the cooking time is up, turn off the heat and with tongs, remove the asparagus from the hot water and plunge into the ice bath.
- Allow the asparagus spears to cool for 1 to 2 minutes, then drain well.
- Serve as is or with our Favorite Vinaigrette.