Today we’re sharing an amazing salad recipe for Mixed Greens with Pears, Goat Cheese, Dried Cranberries and Spiced Pecans. This is a quick and super delicious salad that makes our guests go crazy (in a good way) anytime we serve it!
Sweet, juicy Bartlett pear slices are mixed with tart dried cranberries, and some thinly sliced red onions help balance the sweetness of the two fruits. The whole salad is lightly tossed with our go-to Favorite Vinaigrette – a versatile dressing made with Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar that complements just about any salad you can make! Finally, creamy goat cheese is sprinkled on top, along with our terrific spiced pecans that are salt, sweet and spicy all at the same time!
This salad is a wonderful combination of textures and flavors, and we’ve been asked for this recipe so often! This salad can also be varied a bit with different cheeses (blue cheese is a great substitution for the goat cheese and adds more tanginess to the salad) or different dressings (a balsamic vinaigrette is another delicious option for this salad).
Served with some warm crusty bread, this salad is a very filling lunch, or it would be a great start to a dinner party!
(Just be prepared to share the recipe with your guests!)
- 1 5-ounce bag mixed baby greens
- 2 ripe Bartlett pears
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Our Favorite Vinaigrette (see recipe) or other salad dressing of your choice such as a balsamic vinaigrette
- ¾ cup Spiced Pecans (see recipe)
- ¾ cup crumbled goat cheese (blue cheese may also be substituted)
- Place the mixed baby greens in a large bowl.
- Peel the pears and cut into thin slices, removing the core and any seeds.
- Add the pear slices, cranberries and sliced red onion to the bowl with the greens. Toss with enough Favorite Vinaigrette to lightly coat everything in the bowl.
- Sprinkle the Spiced Pecans and the goat cheese over the top of the tossed salad.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like: