Last week I had the huge pleasure of enjoying these delicious Herbed Tomatoes at a local event sponsored by Better Homes and Gardens and Miele USA – and I’m sharing the recipe with you today!
At the Haute Style Summer Entertaining Event, a group of food, DIY and lifestyle bloggers, as well as local design professionals joined bloggers Elizabeth Stark – the food blogger behind Brooklyn Supper who deserves all of the credit for this fantastic recipe – and Sue De Chiara from The Zhush, while they each shared all sorts of tips, tricks and inspiration for hosting the perfect summer soiree.
When entertaining this summer, their advice was to take inspiration from the season with both your menu and your home décor, and to keep things simple so you can enjoy a relaxing evening with your guests!
Of course – the food at the Haute Style Summer Entertaining Event (including these Herbed Tomatoes) was right up my alley – lots of fresh, seasonal produce and other locally-sourced ingredients that are healthy, easy to prepare, and absolutely delicious!
When making these Herbed Tomatoes, look for fresh, heirloom cherry tomatoes in a variety of colors (if at all possible) for a beautiful look to your dish. (Don’t worry – using all-red cherry tomatoes will taste just as delicious if you can’t find the different colors.) Also choose fresh herbs for this dish – the flavor can’t be matched with dried herbs.
These Herbed Tomatoes were served alongside some baked cod and sautéed, fresh green beans – all ingredients local to New England. But depending on where you live – these herbed tomatoes are a wonderful complement to just about any seafood that you might serve at your own summer soiree!
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pints heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- In a small bowl, combine minced shallots, lemon juice and sea salt. Set aside.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters (depending on the size) and place into a large bowl.
- Add shallot mixture and fresh herbs to the bowl with the tomatoes. Toss gently to coat.
- Pour herbed tomatoes onto a serving platter and garnish with a sprig of fresh tarragon. Serve immediately at room temperature.
Disclosure: I was invited to attend theHaute Style Summer Entertaining Event as a guest. I was not compensated for this post. (I just loved this recipe!) #BHGxMieleStyle
You may also like: