TGIF – it’s been a long, busy week! And we just want something simple for dinner tonight. Our six-year-old has dance lessons on Friday nights and when we get home after class, we don’t want to fuss with making a big fancy dinner – so we’re having this Grilled Chicken Club with Rosemary Aioli.
This grilled chicken club is hearty and filling and easy to prepare. Before heading out to dance class, we’ll put some boneless chicken breasts in our favorite Caesar salad dressing to marinate. By the time we get back home, it will be ready to grill!
Add some thick slices of fresh, toasted, rustic Italian bread, crisp bacon, and fresh lettuce and tomatoes and this becomes a really delicious grilled chicken club sandwich! But the extra special touch is a rosemary aioli that adds some super flavors to the sandwich.
If you were a fan of our popular roasted garlic aioli recipe from before, making this rosemary aioli is a very similar process. But – in a pinch – you can also start with your favorite jarred mayonnaise as the base for this sauce, and simply add some minced fresh rosemary to add wonderful fresh flavors that perfectly complement this grilled chicken club.
Be careful – you might dislocate your jaw eating this huge sandwich — but it’s so good, it would be worth it! Enjoy your sandwich and your weekend everyone!Print
Grilled Chicken Club with Rosemary Aioli
We grilled our sandwich using a Panini press to get a softer toast slice, but a toaster or toaster oven will also work for this sandwich.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
For the Chicken Club
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 8 slices of your favorite bacon
- 6 slices from rustic Italian bread, toasted or grilled
- Iceberg lettuce to cover two sandwiches
- 6 thick slices fresh tomato
For the Rosemary Aioli
- 1 coddled egg (see here)
- 1 large clove garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Cut the chicken into two equal portions and pound each out to about ¼ inch thick. Place in a zip lock bag and add dressing. Seal and marinate 2 hours or longer.
- While chicken is marinating, cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- To prepare the aioli, place coddled egg, crushed garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice and rosemary in a food processor and pulse to combine. With the machine running, very slowly dribble in oil until the mixture resembles the consistency of mayonnaise. Use more or less oil as needed.
- After chicken has marinated, grill on both sides until cooked through. Discard marinade.
- To assemble, place a piece of toast (or grilled bread) on your cutting board and smear with the aioli. Next lay a cooked chicken breast portion over the aioli and smear on more aioli. Cover with another slice of toast and smear that with aioli. On top of that place the lettuce, four slices of bacon and three slices of tomato. Spread aioli on the last slice of toast and invert on top of the tomatoes. Press down, skewer each half and cut. If you can get the nice long rosemary stems, you can use them to skewer your sandwich, if not long tooth picks will work just fine.
You may also like: