Our blender recently died – Jack was making a smoothie one morning a few weeks ago, when all of a sudden, smoke started coming from the motor! That blender had lasted us a good long time – Jack came into our relationship with it, so we know it was at least 12 years old. It had reliably mixed up many a delicious pitcher (or two…) of margaritas and many other recipes over the years, so we were a little sad to see it go!
Since we used that blender quite a bit – especially when we’re making recipes like this Fresh Pineapple Peach Smoothie – we knew that we wanted (and needed!) to invest in a good quality replacement. But after looking at prices for some of the very top-of-the-line blenders – and even knowing how much people love them – we decided to get this Breville blender which we absolutely love! (By the way, this is NOT a sponsored post – we just love our new blender!)
This fresh pineapple peach smoothie was inspired by one that I recently had at our local farmer’s market – and with a brand new blender at home, what a great excuse to try recreating it at home! This is a wonderfully light and frothy blend of sweet fresh pineapple and peaches, combined with some plain non-fat Greek yogurt and milk. A little bit of agave nectar is added for sweetness (you can also use honey, but the agave lends a more neutral sweetness to this drink) as well as vanilla for some extra flavor.
Our fresh pineapple peach smoothie makes a great, quick breakfast – or a refreshing snack or dessert!Print
Fresh Pineapple Peach Smoothie
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6 cups
- 3 ripe, fresh peaches, pitted and skinned
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1” chunks (or canned, if fresh is not available)
- ½ cup non-fat Greek plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup agave nectar (or honey)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Place pitted and skinned peaches, along with cut up pineapple, in the freezer for 2-3 hours until hard but not solid.
- Place partially frozen fruit in a blender with all other ingredients and puree until smooth.
You may also like: