Our favorite local sushi restaurant has a delicious Espresso Martini on their cocktail menu – and more often than not – when my husband Jack and I go out for date night together, one of us will order it.
We’ve watched the bartender make it a few times – taking mental notes about how the cocktail is made. With Valentine’s Day coming up, and a special romantic dinner planned at home, this is our attempt to recreate that delicious Espresso Martini at home!
It starts with some strong brewed and chilled espresso that gets mixed with Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua and vodka – plus half and half (or whole milk) to smooth things out.
In our ingredients list below, you will notice that we call for using Absolut Oak Vodka which is their dark vodka. Regular vodka can be used instead, but their new “oak” vodka is delicious! (Note: This is not a sponsored post – just wanted to share our opinion!)
These Espresso Martinis pack a bit of a punch – both from caffeine and alcohol – so please keep that in mind as you enjoy this cocktail.
*Please drink responsibly. Thank you.*
- ¾ cup freshly brewed and chilled espresso coffee
- ¼ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- ½ cup half and half (or whole milk)
- ¾ cup Absolut Oak Vodka (or regular vodka)
- Espresso beans, for garnish
- In a shaker filled one third with ice, place chilled espresso, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua, half and half, vodka and ice. Shake to combine.
- Strain into martini glasses and garnish with coffee beans.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: