When I was younger, before you could find just about any kind of recipe you might want by searching online, I used to collect recipes. Some were shared with me by family and friends; others I clipped from the pages of newspapers and magazines to try ‘someday’.
I still have a recipe binder full of those shared and collected recipes, and even today, it’s fun for me to go back and look through that binder – sometimes for inspiration when developing a new recipe, sometimes rediscovering a great recipe that I had long forgotten about, or finally trying a recipe that I had clipped out of a magazine but never made.
This recipe for Cream Cheese Muffins is one of those recipes that I clipped but only recently made. It was originally called “Katy’s Cream Cheese Muffins” but I didn’t save the story of who Katy is, or how these muffins came about (my apologies to Katy whoever you are)!
These are simple, but amazing muffins! They are moist and delicious and very lightly sweetened – they are perfect served warm out of the oven with butter and jam. These cream cheese muffins bake up tall and round, and we sprinkled them with coarse turbinado sugar giving them that sweet, crunchy, and perfectly golden muffin top!Print
Cream Cheese Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup of turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a muffin liner inside each opening of a large muffin pan. Spray each liner lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the room temperature cream cheese until light and creamy. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture and using a large wooden spoon, mix until completely combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter evenly into the 12 prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops generously with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are firm and just beginning to brown.
- Serve with butter and jam.
Disclosure: This post contains affliliate links.
You may also like: